Scripture to help us remember why we need to take care of our bodies!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. NLT

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prepping Your Food




One thing that I am committed to doing is eating as healthy as I can.  Something that makes my life so much easier is prepping my food as soon as I get home from the grocery store.  I go to the store knowing what my meals will be for the week and know how I would like my food cut so it is ready to go when it's crunch time to get the meal on the table for dinner.  What works for me is going to the grocery store close to lunch time.  I get home, feed the boys lunch and as they nap and have "rest" time I get busy washing and cutting up my veggies and store them in my favorite containers so it is ready to go when I need it!  It does take time but will save you time in the long run for sure!!  I also cook up my chicken and turkey since it goes in most of my meals and is great to have on hand for a quick protein fix.  I'm weird and actually crave protein and don't mind taking some cold meat out of the fridge and eating it. 





Prepping is also helpful for those who like to snack.  If it's washed and ready to go, you are more likely to grab something healthy.  Hummus is a great thing to have on hand and you can pretty much dip anything in it for a healthy snack!  Give it a try and if you are telling yourself right now that you don't have time to do this...STOP IT!  You do have time.  We all make time for things we think are important and that looks so different for each and every one of us.  You are ultimately in control of what goes into that mouth of yours but the truth is you will get out what you put in, just with anything in life.  If you always do what you have always done, you will get the same result.  Change is hard, I know this.  If you are just beginning the journey of eating healthy, it's ok to take baby steps and make little changes.  Big changes often lead to failure pretty quickly because it feels impossible.  YOU CAN DO THIS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment